Many medical professionals already know the CTL 2go Convertible Classmate NL3 convertible tablet as a lightweight, ultra-mobile, ruggedized tablet/netbook combo that’s a valuable tool to streamline data entry and communicate more efficiently. However, it just got even better! After observing strong demand from doctors, nurses, EMT crews, business people, law enforcement agents and military personnel for the student model 2go Convertible Classmate NL3, CTL and 2go PC decided to create a professional model that further addresses the challenges of these fast-paced professions. The 2go NL3 Pro has all the great features of the Convertible Classmate NL3, plus some enhanced features for usability in a variety of environments.
For those not familiar with the 2go NL3 line, this 10” computer features a rotating screen that when flat, functions as a tablet, and when turned upwards reveals a keyboard and becomes a netbook. Its durability makes it a great option for healthcare professionals on the go. When in tablet mode, handwriting recognition software converts notes to digital documents, potentially saving hours in re-typing.
A ruggedized design makes this 2go PC durable enough for medical professionals to use in a variety of settings. Featuring a scratch and water-resistant LCD screen, spill-resistant keyboard and touchpad, reinforced corners, and an easy-to-hold protective rubberized case with a retractable handle, this netbook is practical for everyday use in the field. A sensor shuts down the hard drive to prevent damage in the event of a drop.
An exciting new feature exclusive to the NL3 Pro is N-Trig DuoSense technology, which is one of the latest pen and capacitive multi-touch platforms that makes on-screen digital input more efficient than ever before. If you’re in a critical situation where every second counts, either in transit or in an outdoor or remote location, you still need your notes and communications to be fast, fluid and accurate. Even in a more controlled environment such as a hospital or clinic, we know you want to focus on your patients, not your computer. Thanks to N-Trig DuoSense technology, whether in the field or the medical office, using the tablet screen of the NL3 Pro has become easier than ever before. Below are the enhanced features that N-Trig DuoSense technology adds to the 2go NL3 Pro rugged tablet:
• Touch and pen accuracy of 0.4mm, which helps reduce errors.
• Tracks both pen and multi-touch input on a single digitizer to run more efficiently.
• Differentiates between intentional and inadvertent contact, and allows the user to switch easily and seamlessly between pen and multi-touch – great for using in transit.
• Superior pen performance and reliability – eliminates accidental drops or skips and features sub-pixel touch accuracy. Helps ensure accuracy when working quickly.
• Fast response time and consistent performance for writing, drag-and-drop, scrolling and selecting – without degrading stylus input. Your tablet screen can keep up with your demands!
At only 3.5 pounds, the NL3 Pro is a lot of computer in a lightweight package. It comes with Microsoft® Windows® 7 installed to support various medical software and apps, and uses the Intel® Atom® Dual Core N2600 1.66 Ghz processor. Additionally, the DuoSense digitizer facilitates maximum performance and ease-of-use with palm rejection capabilities and a rapid stylus refresh rate. It’s also got a 60 GB hard drive (larger SSD options available) and 2 GB of RAM (upgradeable to 4 GB). The RAM has been updated from DDR2 to DDR3, meaning it’s faster and uses less power. Other benefits specific to healthcare professionals include:
• Up to 10 hours of battery life so your computer won’t slow you down.
• Lightweight, ultra-mobile design that allows medical professionals to carry it all day, making critical information readily available.
• Handwriting analysis software converts writing to digital text, and saves hours of typing time while reducing medical errors.
• Built-in 2.0 megapixel video webcam helps to facilitate remote consultations.
• Internet capabilities allow x-rays, charts, or other patient information to be annotated and shared with others immediately, improving communication among caregivers.
• Optional 3G connectivity from AT&T makes it easy to get online anywhere! Emergency response teams can transmit patient information electronically en route to the hospital, speeding the process of handing off medical care and registering the patient.
The medical profession demands speed, focus, and precision. At last, there is a lightweight, convertible tablet for healthcare professionals that’s powerful enough to run all your medical software, and allows you to quickly and accurately take notes on the go. This ruggedized computer that can function as both tablet and netbook combines performance and function with mobility, so that your computer can keep up with you!