As the COVID-19 virus outbreak continues to escalate across the globe and affects our employees, customers, and partners, we wanted to update you on our business continuity plans and how we’re responding.
Business Continuity | We’re here for you!
We realize that our customers rely on CTL for their computing and collaboration solutions. These solutions are now more critical than ever for our education, corporate, and health care customers. Our Chromebooks, Chromebox, and Chromebook Tablets enable schools to continue educating students with distance learning and enable companies to allow their employees to be productive remotely. Our Google Hangouts Meet video conferencing solutions enable our customers to collaborate in real-time, even in the face of travel restrictions.
We’re committed to continuing to supply and support our customers during these challenging times.
CTL is categorized as an essential business and we are still taking orders online, on the phone, via email, and via fax. We are still shipping, and providing service and support to our customers. Covid-19 has presented some logistical challenges, including supply chain shortages, implementing social distancing in our facilities, and with our shipping partners that may result in longer lead times to ship or receive an order after it is placed. We’ve also faced a very large demand for many of our products, which has resulted in some back-ordered products, which we’re working diligently to fulfill.
Some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure that we’re able to continue to meet our customer’s needs including:
- Routing our inbound call handling to a distributed call center network that is available 7 days a week.
- Working with suppliers and logistics partners to minimize potential supply disruptions.
- Utilizing CTL distribution centers in the USA & Europe.
- Leveraging distribution/reseller partners in the US, EMEA, Japan, SE Asia.
- Working with our vendors and partners to ensure that a robust digital infrastructure is in place to support our operations and customers with online ordering from CTL.net and support from support.ctl.net.
Health & Safety
The health and safety of our employees, their families, our customers, and the communities in all of the locations where we operate is our highest concern. Some of the actions we’ve taken include the following:
- In February, when we began to model the spread of the virus, we started limiting employee travel to impacted areas, and started canceling participation in conferences and tradeshows.
- We’ve restricted meetings in our facilities, and are encouraging our partners and customers to meet with us using video conferencing.
- In January 2020, our repair technicians were given guidance on Covid-19 safety precautions, including the use of protective gloves and additional device sanitation when repairing returned devices.
- We’ve asked employees to work remotely where possible. For employees who are unable to work remotely, we’ve provided face masks and implemented social distancing to reduce the possibility of contracting or spreading the virus.
- We’ve increased the sanitation of our facilities and have provided hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting cleaning wipes throughout our facilities.
- We’re implementing an automated temperature scanning system to screen every person entering our US-based facilities.
- We are installing commercial air purification systems to filter the air down to .0003 micron.
As we navigate these challenging times, our thoughts are to all those who have been impacted by the virus. Our mission is to empower our customers with technology and collaboration tools, and that mission has never been more important than it is today. Our entire company thanks you for being a loyal customer and partner. We will continue to provide you with updates as the situation develops.
We wish you continued good health and thank you for placing your trust in us.
All of us at CTL