PORTLAND, Ore. – December 12, 2005
Just in time for holiday shopping, CTL, an Oregon-based electronics company, has introduced an environmentally friendly PC. The CTL Meridian SL700 uses less energy, contains a lead-free Intel mainboard, comes in an easy-to-recycle box and includes a coupon for free end-of-life disposal for the computer.
CTL, which makes PCs, laptops, monitors and servers, also offers free recycling of the computer being replaced by the Meridian SL700.
“We at CTL believe it is important for individuals and organizations to do our part to conserve natural resources,” says Erik Stromquist, CTL Executive Vice President. “Several years ago we implemented a CTL computer recycling program to help prevent filling of landfills with hazardous materials, and our new CTL green PC is a move to further our efforts to limit use of resources.”
The CTL Meridian SL700 PC comes with this feature set:
- An energy-efficient 80 PLUS qualified power supply that reduces PC energy consumption by 15 to 25 percent. It also emits less heat, is quieter than other power supplies and assures higher product reliability. (For more information on 80 PLUS, visit www.80plus.org)
- An Intel Pentium 4 Processor 630 and a lead-free Intel 945GTPL mainboard;
- Reduced packaging that is designed for easy recycling;
- A three-year no-hassle warranty and local service;
- Free recycling of the computer being replaced; and
- Free end-of-life computer recycling that meets EPA standards.
MSRP is $1,099. For more information about where to purchase the Meridian SL700, call CTL directly at 1-800-642-3087, extension 203.
About CTLCTL is a global corporation with offices in North America and Europe. CTL’s various facilities manufacture, market and distribute Personal Computers, Google Chromebox, Google Chromebook Tablets, Chromebooks for School and Monitors. CTL is committed to expanding international and domestic operations by continually evolving to meet the needs of an ever changing market. CTL is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon.
For further information, contact:
Director of Marketing