As we head into Winter of 2020, we wanted to update our customers on the impacts that Covid-19 has had on our business and industry, and how we’re meeting these challenges.
We’re working hard for you
Despite the challenges that we've all faced from Covid in 2020, CTL has been here for our customers. Our dedicated employees are working hard to deliver the Chromebooks and Chromeboxes that businesses, schools, parents and students are depending on for remote learning and remote work across the country.
CTL is categorized as an essential business and we are still taking orders online, on the phone, via email, and via fax. We are still shipping, and providing service and support to our customers. Covid-19 has presented logistical challenges, including supply chain shortages. We’ve also seen unprecedented demand for many of our products, which has resulted in some back-ordered products, which we’ve worked around-the-clock to fulfill.
Some of the things that we’ve done to help to supply our customers, include:
- Routing our inbound call handling to a distributed call center network that is available 7 days a week.
- Working with suppliers and logistics partners to minimize potential supply disruptions.
- Utilizing CTL distribution centers in the USA & Europe.
- Leveraging distribution/reseller partners in the US, EMEA, Japan, SE Asia.
- Working with our vendors and partners to ensure that a robust digital infrastructure is in place to support our operations and customers with online ordering from CTL.net and support from support.ctl.net.
Health & Safety
The health and safety of our customers, our employees, and the communities in all of the locations where we operate is our number one concern. Here are some of the health and safety measures that we’ve taken:
- In February, when we began to model the spread of the virus, we started limiting employee travel to impacted areas, and started canceling participation in conferences and tradeshows.
- We’ve restricted meetings in our facilities, and are encouraging our partners and customers to meet with us using video conferencing.
- In January 2020, our repair technicians were given guidance on Covid-19 safety precautions, including the use of protective gloves and additional device sanitation when repairing returned devices.
- We’ve asked employees to work remotely where possible. For employees who are unable to work remotely, we’ve provided face masks and implemented social distancing to reduce the possibility of contracting or spreading the virus.
- We’ve increased the sanitation of our facilities and have provided hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting cleaning wipes throughout our facilities.
- We’re implementing an automated temperature scanning system to screen every person entering our US-based facilities.
- We are installing commercial air purification systems to filter the air down to .0003 micron.
CTL thanks our employees and customers for their loyalty and dedication during these challenging times. Our mission to empower our customers with technology and collaboration tools has never been more important than it is today. Our thoughts are to all those who have been impacted by the virus. We wish you good health and thank you for placing your trust in us.
All of us at CTL