EHR Hardware from CTL for Improved Quality, Safety and Efficiency
Is your healthcare organization implementing electronic health records (EHR)? The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act includes financial incentives for healthcare providers who prove meaningful use of EHR. “Meaningful use” of EHR, as defined by HealthIT.gov, consists of using digital medical and health records to achieve the following:
- Improve quality, safety, efficiency, and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and family
- Improve care coordination, and population and public health
- Maintain privacy and security of patient health information
CTL is your source for EHR hardware including workstations, AIOS, desktop PCs, laptops and 2-in-1 tablets. We’ve outlined each of our solutions below.
- CTL Desktops are a low-cost solution for office settings requiring a stationary PC.
- Because desktop PCs are standardized, it is relatively easy and inexpensive to find spare parts and support, or to replace a machine.
- Desktops will run just about any software you need.
- Additional devices such as microphones, speakers, and headsets are readily available at low cost.
- CTL laptops have a smaller footprint and can easily be turned to allow patients to view information on the screen.
- A laptop is less obtrusive during patient interviews.
- Most have fairly long battery life and/or an A/C adaptor.
- Laptops use standard PC inputs such as keyboard and mouse and/or touchpad.
- These devices are truly portable and lightweight, typically weighing three to four pounds.
- It is as powerful as a PC, but it doesn’t require a keyboard. Instead, you add information by writing on the screen with a digital pen or stylus, much like you do in a paper chart.
- Handwriting recognition software developed for tablet PCs is excellent, even for very poor handwriting.
- CTL 2-in-1 Windows Tablet Devices have integrated dictation capability with voice recognition software that transcribes directly into the patient record.
One of the most important things to consider when purchasing EHR hardware is warranty and technical support. CTL products come with a minimum 1-year warranty, with upgrade options. Because CTL is a USA-based company, our support team is easy to contact by phone or chat. Interested in CTL’s EHR hardware options? Contact CTL today and learn how we can find a custom solution to fit your organizations needs.