CTL Answers Some of the Top Google Apps Domain Questions for People Considering the Switch to Google Apps for Work
By Aaron Pearson, Sr. Account Representative, Great Lakes Region
Did you know that more than 5 million businesses have made the move to Google Apps Domain to help employees work better together and be more productive anytime, anywhere? Because Google Apps for Work is cloud-based, software updates are made by simply refreshing your browser. With Google Apps Domain, there are no servers to purchase and maintain, which streamlines cost and effort for IT departments. Google Apps Domain includes secure, reliable workplace tools for email, calendar, text and video chat, document creation, project websites and online storage and sync. And, did you know that CTL is your source for Google Apps for Work? Learn more information about Google Apps for Work here.
We’ve compiled some of the top Google Apps Domain questions that people considering making the switch to Google Apps for Work are asking. Read on to learn if Google Apps for Work is right for your organization.
1. What makes Google Apps for Work different than what I’m currently using?
- Google is recognized as a trusted name and industry leader in reliable cloud infrastructure and therefore were able to pioneer a cloud-based service from the ground up.
- The Google Apps suite is a complete package that includes file storage and sharing with Google Drive, real-time collaboration with Google Docs, video meetings with Hangouts and professional email with Gmail.
- Google Apps users can count on consistency in their experience across different devices, operating systems and browsers.
- Offline support for Gmail, Calendar and Google Docs let users view, edit and create content when they’re not on the internet, syncing automatically when they reconnect.
- What benefits does Google Apps for Work offer that similar free products do not?
- Professional email at your domain
- Additional storage across Gmail and Drive
- 24/7 phone and email support
- 99.9% guaranteed uptime
- Interoperability with Microsoft Outlook
- Enhanced security features
- Full administration of all user accounts
- Is Google Apps for Work compatible with my current email client?
Yes. In addition to accessing Google Apps mail from the Gmail web interface, you can send and receive mail from your favorite desktop client
- Can I try Google Apps for Work for Free?
Yes. When you sign up for Google Apps for Work, you will automatically be granted a free 30-day trial for up to 10 users.
- Can I replace my current software with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides?
Many Google Apps users are able to rely exclusively on Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, as these productivity tools enable you to create text documents, spreadsheets and presentations. They have the added benefit of allowing users to collaborate together in real time. There’s no software to install and Google Docs, Sheets and Slides are compatible with files made in other programs such as Microsoft Office.