This warranty (hereafter referred to as the “Warranty”) is granted by Computer Technology Link Corp. (hereafter referred to as “CTL”) to the purchaser (hereafter referred to as “You”) of the CTL computer system (hereafter referred to as the “Product”). This Warranty is being delivered with the Product, subject to the following terms and conditions. CTL accredited Service Agents and Repair Centers will provide the services covered under this Warranty.
The warranty period of the Product:
This warranty is applicable to the serial number listed on the label sticker at the back of the Product (“Warranty Period”) and on the CTL sales Invoice. The CTL warranty begins on the date the Product was first purchased by an end-customer (“Date of Purchase”). If the Date of Purchase does not apply, as in the instance of a reseller purchase, the start of the Warranty Period will be on the date the Product was sold to the reseller. Proof of purchase may be required if purchased through a reseller. The warranty is first activated by an end-customer recorded by CTL (“Date of Activation”). If the date of purchase can be located, the manufacture date as recorded by CTL will be deemed to be the start of the Warranty Period.
The warranty period of battery:
The battery in the product purchase is covered under a 12-month warranty from the Date of Purchase.
This warranty is given independently of any statutory rights that may apply in the country of purchase and does not affect or limit such statutory rights in any manner whatsoever.
During the Warranty period, CTL warrants the Product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. This Warranty only applies to the product with the covered serial number and does not apply to bundled accessories, which were delivered together with the Product such as keyboard, cables, bag, mouse etc. Should the Product fail with normal and proper use while in the Warranty Period, CTL, at its discretion, will repair or replace the defective parts of the Product or the Product itself, with new or reconditioned parts or products that are functionally equivalent or superior to those originally purchased with this Warranty.
This Warranty applies does not apply to Products that were sold as used, refurbished, or manufacturing seconds, and only applies to products that were newly manufactured on the Date of Purchase. Please retain the original purchase invoice and this warranty card for the future service request. This Warranty does not cover failures caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non-CTL modifications to the product, any third party software programs, normal wear and tear or any other event, act, default or omission outside CTL’ control. For further details, see section 6 of this Warranty Document.
All components that a CTL Service Center repaired or replaced will be under warranty for three months after servicing or for the remainder of the warranty period, whichever is applicable. The Repair Center may need to restore the originally configured operating system bundled with the Product. CTL is not responsible for any lost data or software not originally configured with the OS during repairs and will not restore or transfer any data or software from the Product’s original storage media. If the Product is repaired, all user-generated data may be permanently deleted.
If the Product is under Warranty, You hereby agree to waive the right of ownership on replaced defective parts and such parts shall automatically become the property of CTL.
- Software Support
All software delivered with the Product is provided “as-is”. CTL does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of any software provided with the Product.
This warranty only covers the hardware of the Product. CTL will provide technical support for the Product’s preinstalled software only when it concerns the proper functioning of the hardware. For other problems with the software, we advise You to review user manual or visit the CTL support website and/or other online resources. Third party software may require support from the respective vendors.
- LCD Defect Policy
Despite the highest possible standards, the intricate manufacturing of thin film transistor (TFT) liquid crystal display (LCD) screens may still produce slight visual imperfections. These visual imperfections do not impair the performance of Your Product.
However, under the following conditions CTL will provide the warranty service for Your CTL Product's TFT LCD screen only if there are at least:
- 3 bright pixels or 5 dark pixels or 8 bright and/or dark pixels in total; or
- 2 adjacent bright pixels or 2 adjacent dark pixels; or
- 3 bright and/or dark pixels within an area 15 mm in diameter.
NOTE: A bright pixel is a white or sub-pixel that is always on under BLACK pattern. A dark pixel is a dark or sub-pixel that is always off under patterns excluding black.
The inspection conditions for CTL products are:
- Not less than 30cm distance, in a straight line, between TFT screen and inspector
- Room temperature between 20-40°C
- Lighting is between 300 and 500 lux
- Customer responsibility when using the Product
- Always read the user manual before using the Product and use the Product only in accordance to the user manual.
- Do not leave the Product connected to the power supply once it is fully charged and not turned on. Some electrical items are not designed to be left connected to the power supply for an extended period of time.
- Periodically backup your stored data on the Product.
- Retain the original packaging. Original packaging provides a better protection for the Product during transportation in the event that the Product needs to be returned for repair
- Please check the manual and visit the CTL support website for troubleshooting solutions, before contacting customer service.
If the Product includes the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) function, keep the embedded security chip pre-boot password in a safe place. Due to the design of TPM, CTL is not able to reset the embedded security chip pre-boot password. If the password is lost, the Product can only be repaired by replacing the entire motherboard, which is not covered under the Warranty.
When contacting CTL Customer Service
- Prior to contacting CTL technical support, ensure that You have the Product in front of You and that it is turned on, if possible. Please also be ready to provide the Product’s serial number, the model name, and proof of purchase.
- Technical support hotline phone number can be found at http://support.ctl.net
- You will be requested by CTL to perform some of the Product’s troubleshooting tasks or actions, which may include the following:
- Restoring the Product’s operating system, factory-installed drivers, and applications to the factory default settings
- Installing updates, patches or service packs.
- Running diagnostic tools and programs on the Product.
- Allowing the CTL technical support agent to access the Product with remote diagnostic tools (when available).
- Performing other reasonable activities requested by CTL, which will assist in identifying or resolving the problems.
- If the problem is not able to be solved remotely, you will have to return the Product to a CTL Repair Center, this process is called “RMA” or Return Merchandise Authorization. CTL will issue an RMA number for Your Product. Please retain Your RMA Number for tracking purposes.
- Describe the problem clearly and completely providing as much detail as possible on the RMA request form or ticket.
- Enclose a copy of the completed warranty card and a copy of Your sales invoice/receipt detailing the purchase of Your Product. (Please note: CTL reserves the right to request the original documents.) If the requested documents are not provided for warranty validation then the start of the Warranty period will be the manufacture date of the Product as recorded by CTL
- CTL may delete any data, software, or programs installed on the Product without restoring them. To avoid possibly losing your data, be sure to fully backed up all the data stored on Your Product and remove any personal, confidential, or proprietary information before any service process is started. CTL shall not be held liable for the permanent loss, damage, or misuse of your data.
- Pack the Product in safe and stable packaging. The original packaging may be useful for this purpose. CTL is not responsible for damage incurred during shipping. The packaging should meet the following requirements:
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package
- Please do not send anything but the Product itself unless specifically requested by CTL. Please remove any accessories as well as any removable storage devices such as memory cards, discs, flash drives, from the Product. CTL shall have no liability for the loss, damage or destruction of accessories or removable storage devices unless they are caused by willful or gross negligent acts by CTL.
- Remove or provide any passwords that You assigned to the Product. If access to the Product is blocked by passwords, then CTL may not be able to detect and repair all failures of the Product.
- If the Product is designed with the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) function, provide the embedded security chip pre-boot password.
- If the Product is a Chromebook, please be sure to Deprovision the Device prior to sending it into CTL.
- RMA methods
If RMA is necessary, you have to deliver your product to the nearest CTL Repair Center. CTL may, in its sole discretion, simplify the service procedure by offering you to deliver the Product to the retail shop where you bought it or through a free pick-up and delivery service.
- Exclusions from this limited Warranty Service
Uninterrupted or error-free operation of this Product is not included in this Warranty. The warranty only applies to technical hardware issues during the Warranty Period and under normal use conditions. This Warranty does cover firmware issues but not any other software issues. Not covered under this Warranty is customer induced damages or circumstances such as but not limited to:
- (a) The Product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized CTL personnel;
- (b) The serial number of the Product, components or accessories have been altered, canceled or removed;
- (c) Obsolescence;
- (d) Damage (accidental or otherwise) to the Product that does not impact
- the Product’s operation and functions, such as without limitation to rust, change in color, texture or finish, wear and tear, and gradual deterioration;
- (e) Damage to the Product caused by war, terrorism, fire, accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, and use under abnormal conditions;
- (f) Damage to the Product caused by improper installation, improper connection or malfunction of a peripheral device such as printer, optical drive, network card, or USB device, etc.;
- (g) Damage to the Product caused by an external electrical fault or an accident;
- (h) Damage to the Product resulting from use outside of the operation, storage parameters, or environment detailed in the User’s Manual;
- (i) Damage to the Product caused by third-party software or virus(es); or there is software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement;
- (j) Unusability due to forgotten or lost security passwords;
- (k) Unusability of or damage to the Product caused by contamination by hazardous substances, diseases, vermin, or radiation;
- (l) Fraud, theft, unexplained disappearance, or damages/detrimental circumstances caused by a willful act of the customer;
- (m) Unusability or damage to the Product caused by installing and using the Unlock Device App, which is a utility that will unlock your Product's bootloader but will render the Warranty null and void.
- Limitation of Liability
Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, CTL is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use; loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of damage to or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering or reproducing any data stored on or used with the Product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts and/or omissions by CTL. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; to the extent, such jurisdiction is governing this Warranty the above limitations do not apply to You.
- Out-of-Warranty cases
Returning the Product to the CTL Repair Center during the Warranty Period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving Your Product, CTL reserves the right to check the validity of Your Warranty and Your request for Warranty service. If the Warranty Period has lapsed or if any of the exclusions in clause 6 apply, Your request will be deemed out of warranty (“OOW”).
If Your service request is OOW, a Service Charge List with an offer for repair will be provided to You, which You may accept or reject. If You accept the repair we will provide You with an invoice for the repair labor, spare parts and other costs stated in the Service Charge List. You must pay the invoice within 4 weeks of the invoice date of issue. The repair will only be completed after the invoice is settled.
- Abandoned Property
After Your Product has been repaired/replaced, or if You do not agree to the repair offer, CTL will return your repaired product /product replacement via the agreed RMA method. If You do not pick up Your Product, or if delivery is not possible at the address provided by You, CTL will send You a notice at the address You provided when requesting the service. If You still fail to pick up the Product within a period of 90 days from sending the notice, CTL reserves the right to claim damages from you, including the cost of storage; to dispose the product in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations; and any statutory right of lien for unpaid charges.
- International Warranty and Support
This Warranty applies in the country of purchase.
Additionally, this Warranty entitles You during the Warranty Period to international CTL warranty service in Europe, North America (USA, Canada, and Mexico), Asia, Republic of South Africa, Egypt and Australia/Oceania, subject to the following additional restrictions:
- Service procedures may vary by country.
- Some service and/or spare parts may not be available in all countries.
- The International Warranty Support is available in the country where the product is sold and supported by CTL
- Localized spare parts (such as keyboard) may be replaced with
the version available in the country where the repair is requested.
- Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service, please visit the CTL Support site at http://support.ctl.net
- Some countries may require additional documentation, such as proof of purchase or proof of proper importation, prior to performing International Warranty and Support, please visit the CTL Support site at http://support.ctl.net for more details.
To enjoy comprehensive international warranty service, visit CTL Service Center website at http://support.ctl.net
CTL reserves the right to interpret the provisions in this CTL Warranty Information. The information in this warranty card may change without prior notice. Please visit the CTL Support site at http://support.ctl.net information.
This warranty is provided by:
9700 SW Harvest Court, Building # 100 Beaverton, Oregon 97005 USA
Learn more about CTL Warranty options, including our education warranty options in our Education Solutions and Warranty Guide: