Google Workspace for Education
Google Workspace for Education—formerly known as Google Suite for Education or G Suite for Education—provides students and educators tools that can help them succeed in the classroom. Whether the classroom is filled with kindergartners or graduate students, Google Workspace for Education optimizes the learning experience for the digital world.
- Prevent, detect, and remediate threats with the security center – including the dashboards, health page, and investigation tool
- Manage devices and apps centrally to perform audits and enforce rules
- Gain more insights with Gmail log and Classroom log export for analysis in BigQuery
- Track usage across your domain with audit logs for Drive, devices, LDAP, and more
- Connect with up to 250 participants or live stream with up to 10,000 in-domain viewers with Google Meet
- Improve learning engagement in Google Meet with interactive Q&As, polls, attendance tracking, breakout rooms, and recordings
- Integrate your favorite third-party tools using Classroom add-ons
- Get unlimited originality reports and check for peer matches across a private repository of past student submissions
- Live stream with up to 100,000 in-domain viewers with Google Meet
- Make information more accessible and easy to find with your own Cloud Search
- Create and manage classes at scale by syncing Classroom rosters from your Student Information System
- Get faster response times from a dedicated support team of product specialists
Standard, Teaching & Learning, and PLUS Editions
Google Workspace for Education FAQ
What Is Google Workspace for Education?
Google Workspace for Education is a suite of tools, products, and features used by educators all over the world. Google Workspace for Education consists of applications such as Google Classroom, Gmail, Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets, and more. Many of these tools are used both by students and professionals to boost productivity, virtually collaborate, and create and organize content.
Why Should I Use Google Workspace for Education?
Google Workspace for Education comes with a variety of tools that instructors and students tend to find helpful in their work. When used properly, the platform can make learning more flexible and effective. To illustrate this, consider the following benefits of Google Workspace for Education.
- Optimize classroom instruction: The learning tools included with Google Workspace for Education make it easy for students to work together and collaborate on projects.
- Improve productivity: Students and instructors can store work in a central location and access it with just a few clicks.
- Enable high-quality work from students: Effective learning tools and communication opportunities allow students to better understand assignments and turn in work they’re proud of.
- Keep your data secure: Cutting-edge security features and regular updates make Google Workspace for Education an extremely secure platform for both students and instructors.
As you can see, Google Workspace for Education provides everyone in the classroom with a number of invaluable benefits.
What Can You Do With Google Workspace for Education?
Google Workspace provides classrooms with a broad suite of tools. Instructors and students can easily communicate with one another virtually through features such as Google Meet and Google Chat. Students can complete presentations, essays, and other projects using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. Additionally, instructors can use Google Classroom to streamline the process of creating, assigning, and grading homework, projects, and tests.
The right tools allow students to perform at their best in the classroom. Pair Google Workspace for Education with Chrome devices for education and Chromebooks from CTL to enhance the classroom experience. CTL also offers Chromebook accessories that enable students and instructors to customize their devices to suit their own needs and preferences.