Cortana Digital Assistant and 9 Other Reasons You’ll Love Windows 10
1. CORTANA – Microsoft is bringing its digital assistant Cortana, which so far has only existed on Windows Phones, to Windows 10. On the desktop of Windows 10, Cortana takes the form of a search box located right beside the start button. The box will allow you to search the web and your local computer, with results popping up above it. The voice-activated Cortana software can be used to perform searches, send and dictate emails, control music and launch apps. Notifications will also pop up here.
2.RUNS ON ALL DEVICES – Laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, embedded products, the Internet of Things, servers in enterprise datacenters, you name it. Windows 10 will be compatible with devices from 4 inch to 80 inch screens and devices with no screen at all.
3. UPDATED START MENU – The Windows 10 start menu combines the familiarity of Windows 7 with the modern interface of Windows 8. On the left, apps are displayed in the familiar Windows 7 style, while on the right are more colorful “live tiles” that open the modern, Windows 8-style apps.
4. EVERYTHING RUNS IN A WINDOW – Apps from the Windows Store now open in the same format that desktop apps do and can be resized and moved around and have title bars at the top allowing for maximize, minimize and close with a click.
5. SNAP ENHANCEMENTS – You can now have four apps snapped on the same screen with a new quadrant layout. Windows will also show other apps and programs running for additional snapping and even make smart suggestions on filling available screen space with other open apps.
6. FREE UPGRADE FOR THE FIRST YEAR – Available for Windows 7, 8.1 and even Windows Phone 8.1 users for a full year.
7. STILL TOUCH ENABLED – That’s right, you can use the same Windows 8 touch gestures like scroll and pinch to zoom on laptops and desktops.
8. COMMAND PROMPT – Use shortcuts such as CTRL+C and CTRL+V so you can paste in a directory listing from another app.
9. MULTIPLE DESKTOPS – Create desktops for different purposes and projects and switch between these desktops easily and pick up where you left off on each desktop.
10. NEW UNIVERSAL APPS – Apps such as Outlook, Calendar, Photos and more will provide a consistent interface across PCs, tablets and phones. The new Photos app will automatically enhance and touch up photos and Windows 10 users can expect new apps for People, Maps and Music as well.
Contact CTL or call 800-642-3087 to learn more about Cortana and Windows 10.