Chrome Unboxed | Guest Contributor
For those that spend hours at the keyboard, a good spelling and grammar tool is a must and Google has recognized that need with a new set of tools that are baked right into Google Docs. In addition to basic spelling and grammar, select Workspace accounts will now have access to a new suite of tools to enhance your overall writing experience without the need for third-party tools. These tools include not only grammar suggestions but also stylistic suggestion to include voice and conciseness.
Some examples of these new suggestions include:
- Word choice: More dynamic or contextually relevant wording
- Active voice: Active rather than passive voice
- Conciseness: More concise phrases
- Inclusive language: More inclusive words or phrases
- Word warnings: Reconsidering potentially inappropriate words
The new features will appear as you type in a Google Document and proactively warn you of duplicate content to help diversify your content while simultaneously keeping your writing concise and grammatically correct. These features don’t come with the Grammarly free plan and will be a welcome addition to the Workspace arsenal of countless Enterprise and Education customers.
For eligible accounts, these new features will be enabled by default in the Google Admin Console. These tools can be disabled on the Admin level for all organizational units or individually by the end user. Inside Google Docs, you can find the new feature under Tools>Stylistic Suggestions. Roll out began on March 31 and should be available to all eligible Workspace accounts by the end of April.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 31, 2022
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 14, 2022
- Available to Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Plus
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Education Fundamentals, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, Education Standard, Frontline, Nonprofits, G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available to Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Education Plus, Teaching and Learning Upgrade
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Enterprise Essentials, Frontline, Nonprofits, G Suite Basic and Business customers
Source: Google Workspace Blog
By Chrome Unboxed | News, Updates, Unboxings
Chrome Unboxed is a popular online space for tech lovers to keep up with all things Chrome. Chrome Unboxed goes in depth with the latest news, updates and unboxings of the best existing technology products.